NDLEA charges 32-year-old with illegal deal in hemp
NNN: The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has charged a 32-year-old man, Kazeem Taiwo, with peddling 400g of Cannabis Sativa (a.k.a hemp).
Taiwo is charged on one-count of drug trafficking.
According to NDLEA counsel, Mr Jeremiah Aernan, Taiwo committed the offence on June 2 and was arrested at Sabo Market in Ikorodu, Lagos State.
He said that Cannabis, along with Cocaine, Heroin and other hard drugs, are listed on NDLEA Schedule as prohibited.
Trafficking in them contravenes Sections 11(c) of the NDLEA Act of 2004.
No date has been given for Taiwo’s arraignment.
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs