The NCDC made this known on its official twitter handle on Wednesday.
The News Agency of Nigeria , reports that a total of 13 states have recorded 179 new infections in the country in the last 24 hours.
The agency said that the new infections have brought the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 60,834.
According to the agency, 137 COVID-19 patients were discharged across the country in the last 24 hours with the total number of successfully treated cases rising to 52,143.
The agency said that the country reported zero COVID-19 related death with the national death toll from the pandemic put at 1,116.
It said that the total number of confirmed cases was 60,834, while 52,143 patients have been discharged and 1116 deaths recorded in 36 states of the country and the Federal Capital Territory.
On the #EndSARSProtest, the agency said that every public officer in the country should see the protest as a reminder of the sacred responsibility he has for a country of mostly young people.
The agency said that the virus does not recognise rich or poor.
“If you are a police officer or a protester. Just as we’ve adapted our offices for COVID-19, peaceful protests even in this difficult time can be done safely, so we don’t lose our lives agitating for something important,” it said.
Edited By: Joseph Edeh/Ali Baba-Inuwa
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3vrI
- Eid -el-Fitr: Gov. Ganduje frees 123 prison inmates
- Coronavirus – Malawi: Daily update of information on COVID-19 (May 13, 2021)
- World Bank to construct 13.16km Lagos farm roads
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 13, 2021)
- Eid el-fitri: Cleric preaches unity, tolerance to check ethnicity
- Cargo Airport project ‘ll increase economic fortunes of Anambra- ONICCIMA
- FIFA World Report: Give Every Talent a Chance
- Diaspora voting critical to effective participation in governance – council
- Visit Rwanda and RwandAir join the Basketball Africa League as official partners