Ivara gave her advice on Thursday during the third edition of the Rainbow Art Unlocking Creativity program organized for primary and secondary schools in Abuja.
The theme of the program was: “A Cultural Perspective on the Impact of COVID-19”.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that the program has attracted 47 schools, participating in arts competitions, folktales, cultural exchanges, artistic creations and pearls.
The CEO said the program was designed and dedicated to children to harness their inner potential by expressing their innate abilities in the visual and creative arts.
“With culture being our way of life, COVID-19 has actually interfered with our economic, religious and social norms, not only in Nigeria, but the world at large.
“Hence the need for this year’s theme, A Cultural Perspective on the Impact of COVID-19.
“The theme was chosen to educate and show the world economy through the eyes of children.
“And, to also inform citizens to reflect on how the pandemic has impacted and affected cultures and continents globally,” he said.
According to him, children cannot be left out in our daily activities because they have a bigger role to play in finding solution to any problem through their skills.
In addition, Ms. Ononugbo Julie, NGA Deputy Director of Education, said the program was designed in seven sessions, including art competitions, folktales, cultural exchanges, artistic creation, bead making. , among others.
“During the session, students are allowed to participate in any session of their choice, which helps them acquire skills.
“We have competitions in different branches of the arts. At the end of the session, we have winners in different categories – first, second and third position in the seven sessions.
“Participating students will receive a certificate and a gift,” she said.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3DzR
- Complement your education with skills acquisition, NYSC boss charges corps members
- CEMAC Ministers Endorse African Energy Week 2022
- UNICEF and Liquid Intelligent Technologies launch a partnership to help Giga bridge the digital divide in Africa
- Nigeria, Chad to partner on power interconnection –Minister
- Prof. Florence Obi: Celebrating 1 year of an Icon in office
- Minister decries lack of improved cocoa seedlings
- IMF Management Completes First Review of the Staff-Monitored Program with Guinea Bissau
- A child was infected with HIV every two minutes in 2020 – UNICEF
- EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu invites youths for Peace Walk
- 257 projects amounting to over N20b duplicated in 2021 budget- ICPC boss
- No nation can develop without respect for rule of law —- AfDB president
- MTN offers 575m shares at N169 per share
- Police rescue 3 kidnapped persons, recover 3 AK-47 rifles in Zamfara
- ISWAP terrorists flee as Super Tucanos ‘hover’ around Buni Yadi
- Gov. Fintiri dissolves management board of Adamawa United FC