The Correspondents Chapel of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Nasarawa State Council, has condoled with the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) Precious FM Lafia, over the death of the Head of Hausa Programme of the station, Nasiru Aminu-Tegina.
The Chairman of the chapel, Mr Isaac Ukpoju, who led other members on a condolence visit to the station’s management on Wednesday in Lafia, was received by the General Manager, Musa Abdullahi.
Ukpoju said that the visit was to commiserate with FRCN Precious FM Lafia over the demise of Aminu-Tegina.
He said that Aminu-Tagina died when his services were most needed by the station and its audience.
He prayed God to forgive whatever wrong the deceased had committed and give FRCN and the immediate family of the deceased the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.
Responding, Abdullahi thanked the chapel for the solidarity and sympathy in this moment of their grief.
He described the deceased as one of the station’s dedicated staff, adding that he would be greatly missed.
The visit featured special prayers for the repose of the soul of the deceased.
News Agency of Nigeria reports that Aminu-Tegina died on June 11 at the Gwagwalada Specialist Hospital (FCT) after a brief illness, and had since been buried according to Islamic rites. .
Edited By: Angela Okisor (NAN) and Abdullahi Yusuf
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3l7V
- SEC bans unregistered CMOs from operations May 31
- INEC creates additional 4,861 PUs in Lagos
- NAPTIP rescues 52 victims, arrests 4 suspected human traffickers in Kano
- SPDC’s pipeline spills 276 barrels of crude in April – Report
- Gov. Emmanuel donates N60m to families of slain policemen
- Maize farmers promise high produce, urge FG to sustain import ban
- We don’t need war in Nigeria — Ooni of Ife
- LASG to partner German firm on agribusiness
- Kano Govt to inaugurate waste recycling project, create 4,000 jobs –official