NAOWA partners NCWS to build capacity of women
NNN: The Nigerian Army Officers Wives Association (NAOWA) has promised to
partner National Council of Women’s Societies (NCWS) to build capacity of Nigerian women.
The President of NAOWA, Mrs Salamatu Yahaya, made the promised while congratulating the newly elected
President of NCWS, Hajiya Lami Adamu, who led her executive on a visit to NAOWA office in Abuja.
Yahaya said that NAOWA was ready to work with the NCWS on skills acquisition that would help in building the capacity of women.
She added that NAOWA had over the years, organised programmes to promote women and build their capacity.
“NAOWA is willing to partner NCWS in the areas of skill acquisition and professional training for women,’’ she said.
Earlier, the President of NCWS had solicited for NAOWA’s partnership to empower women with skills that would reposition them for economic growth.
She said “our visit is aimed at collaborating with NAOWA to integrate more women into empowerment programmes to improve the
contributions of women in national development.”
She said that the executive came up with strategic plan as road map for achieving the goals of the council in the next five years.
She added that “these strategies include the promotion of women in leadership and governance and economic empowerment programmes
“Other plans are: actions to strengthen legal and policy framework to stop violence against women and girls, child protection and girl-child education.”
Lau said that the council would also strive to build an effective and efficient NCWS as a valued partner for promoting the gender agenda.
She urged NAOWA to continue to use the association to uplift Nigerian women with greater opportunities to fulfil their potential.
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs