In delivering the 60-page ruling, Prinsloo said he believed the Supreme Court was wrong and made arguments to recognize same-sex marriage.
“The court told us this morning, ‘Look, we want to help you, we think you should be successful on constitutional issues,’” said attorney Carli Schlickerling.
“It appears that the court is explaining to the Supreme Court why we should succeed on appeal,” he said.
The couples expressed disappointment but said they would likely ask the Supreme Court to reverse their earlier ruling.
“Most likely, we will go to the Supreme Court and change the current Supreme Court ruling to reflect justice,” said Anette Seiler, who is married to German citizen Anita Seiler-Lilles.
The son was granted residency in Namibia in a previous case.
Namibia has seen a wave of court challenges surrounding marriage, child rearing, and the migration of same-sex couples.
Last October, the Namibian High Court granted citizenship to the two-year-old son of a gay couple, ending a legal battle over surrogacy and same-sex parenting.
Source Credit: TheGuardian
- Post Insurgency: Stakeholders dialogue on building resilience in Borno
- Lawan, Orji Kalu visit Katsina ahead of APC presidential primaries
- 2023: I’ll declare National Security Emergency on inauguration day if elected— Hayatu-Deen
- PDP Primary: Stakeholders urge NWC to respect will of Anambra people
- Fashola seeks public collaboration on road safety, infrastructure protection
- APC constitutes 61-member campaign council for Ekiti State governorship election
- If elected, I will implement a blue print for the immediate growth of Delta – APC female aspirant
- Environmentalists fault EU’s alternative to Russian Gas instead of renewables
- Zamfara APC reconciliation not on personal interest, says ex Gov. Yari
- Experts, veterans charge journalists on professionalism
- Nigeria, others review progress on global migration compact
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents
- Ooni urges Oyetola to rely on divine success for his second term
- Average price for 5kg cooking gas increases to N3,800.47- NBS
- Primary : Atiku visits Gombe, confident of PDP delegates’ support
- Ondo assembly passes 2022 OSOPADEC budget into law
- Okada ban: Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement
- Gov. Ugwuanyi sets up, operationalises 10 type-3 PHC centres in Enugu – ENS-PHCDA boss
- WHO urges increased surveillance as COVID-19 cases rise in Americas
- Mali’s withdrawal from G5 Sahel, Joint Force ‘a setback’ for the region
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- CAN, JNI pledge support as FG conducts headcount for teachers, pupils
- Delta traditional rulers to partner CSOs to deepen gains of MDGs
- I’ll complete airport, school projects before leaving office – Fayemi
- ASUU Strike: NANS protests in Ekiti
- British Council to establish Arts, Culture Academy in Nigeria
- Africities 2022 Summit: Backbone of the continent, intermediary cities absorb most of the urban population growth, according to a report co-led by the African Development Bank
- Lagos govt., Polaris Bank unveil N1bn fund to empower artisans
- Nigeria reiterates commitment to implementing GCM agreement in New York
- Okada ban: Lagos residents express divergent views
- Perm Sec. harps on need to revive lost cultural values, traditions
- Businessman arraigned for alleged importation of fake drug
- Enugu: No life lost, nobody injured in Emene incident – Police
- FCTA demolishes over 30 houses in Trademore Estate Lugbe, over flooding
- Salami Panel: Magu will still be prosecuted if indicted despite promotion – Minister
- African Energy Week (AEW) Releases First Video for its Energy Investment Drive
- Troops recover guns, ammunition from insurgents enclave in Imo – Army spokesman
- Couple charged with involuntary manslaughter of housemaid knows fate July 7
- FG, Netherland to intensify efforts at curbing environmental hazards in Nigeria
- Investigating Policy and Business Requisites to Boost Hydrocarbon Investment in Africa
- NGO canvasses for more awareness on laws against SGBV in grassroots
- Agroforestry, Land Use policy to address land degradation – Minister
- African Energy Week calls for nominations to its world-renowned African Energy Awards
- Managing internal boundary crisis key to sustainable development — Ondo deputy governor
- Digitalisation will make public service smarter, faster — Akeredolu
- 25 ships discharge petrol, other items at Lagos ports
- Smart Africa Digital Academy (SADA) Launches its National Digital Academy in Ghana
- Army boss calls for civil society involvement in tackling insecurity
- 10th Youth Development Webinar Program 2022 “Building Youth Resilience: Transition to Green Economy and Beyond”
- Buhari’s support gave me political glory – Bauchi governor