The Naira on Thursday remained stable at the parallel market in Lagos, exchanging at N359.3 to the dollar.
The Pound Sterling and the Euro traded at N472 and N402, respectively.
At the Bureau De Change (BDC) window, the naira was sold at N360 to the dollar, while the Pound Sterling and the Euro traded at N472 and N402, respectively.
Trading at the investors window saw the naira closing at N361.09 to the dollar as market turnover stood at 121.15 million dollars.
Meanwhile, Prof Sheriffdeen Tella, a Senior Economist at the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun, has attributed the current stability of the naira at the foreign exchange market to slow economic activity.
Tella noted that import businesses had drastically reduced as the business community awaited the take-off of the 2019 budget.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-2sv3
- Children now more interested in entertainment than reading – Akpokeneme
- ECOWAS Court women’s forum share food items to indigents in FCT
- Again FCTA cancels Eid-il-Fitr public prayer – NEWS AGENCY OF NIGERIA
- COVID-19: FG imposes midnight curfew, reintroduces ban on mass gathering
- Stolen artifacts: Oba of Benin disowns impostors
- C/River to deploy drones for medical supplies – Ayade
- Karate Federation to attend Olympic qualifiers in Paris
- Maiden Davnotch Tennis Championship attracts 300 athletes
- Fans react as Davido ‘spanks’ daughter, Hailey for twerking