Naira Marley, who was arrested in May by operatives of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over his comments on internet fraud, just released in a new song which stirred up the war.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that Naira Marley had been dropping songs that topped the chats since his release from EFCC custody.
This included the controversial “Soapy” song which exhibited masturbation in prison custody.
also reports that with the release of his new song, “Puta”, Twitter users have argued if a singer should be judged by his personality or the music he sings.
Here are some of the comments gathered by on Twitter:
@harbidemi01: “I love Naira Marley’s songs but his personality I don’t like… So, don’t be annoyed if you see me jo soapy while still saying Werey ni Naira Marley.”
@Funnycator1: “Deep down, I know I didn’t hate Naira Marley, It was just Peer Pressure.”
@i_olaelixir: “Some people don’t hate Naira Marley music, they just want to follow the crowd and act like they’re posh.”
@omoissyy: “Hating Naira Marley will just give you unnecessary headache and chest pain ‘cos you can’t run away from his songs.”
@ObongRoviel: “I am not a Marlian or I don’t like Naira Marley doesn’t mean I won’t Dance Soapy or PUTA.”
@SpearsSaint: “Oh Naira Marley the great one, we are sorry, so sorry for all we have said about u and music. We realize ur’e great! Ure a born star Just shine on us.”
@fvraz_: “On some real shit, every Nigerian thought it was over for Naira Marley when EFCC got him. Righteous twitter already gave him a life sentence.
But look at him now, Soaped his way back to every radio and TV station and you hate to see it.”
@hooreofe2 : “He’s a bad influence. Zero lyrics but danceable beats will make you forget that his songs are trash. Oya jo soapy.”
(Edited by Josephine Obute/Peter Ejiofor)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-2DzU
- Children now more interested in entertainment than reading – Akpokeneme
- ECOWAS Court women’s forum share food items to indigents in FCT
- Again FCTA cancels Eid-il-Fitr public prayer – NEWS AGENCY OF NIGERIA
- COVID-19: FG imposes midnight curfew, reintroduces ban on mass gathering
- Stolen artifacts: Oba of Benin disowns impostors
- C/River to deploy drones for medical supplies – Ayade
- Karate Federation to attend Olympic qualifiers in Paris
- Maiden Davnotch Tennis Championship attracts 300 athletes
- Fans react as Davido ‘spanks’ daughter, Hailey for twerking