The Marlian fans are set to enjoy his performance as the organisers of the Remo Ultra-Marathon has said that the musician, Afeez Fashola, a.k.a. “Naira Marley” with others will rock the 50km race in Sagamu, Ogun.
The Project Director, Seyi Johnson, in an interview with the Nigeria News Agency said that Naira Marley would perform alongside winner of “City People Music Award” Slimcase for Best Collabo of the Year.
NAN reports that the organisers of Nigerias biggest Marathon race, Access Bank Lagos City Marathon, Nilayo Sports Management Ltd., will hold the Value Jet IAU African Championships 2019 in Sagamu on Dec. 7.
The 50km race is expected to have about 4,000 athletes from 35 countries across the world participating which is reputably the largest road races.
“The marathon will be spiced up with lots of entertainment to light-up the race because we don’t want it to be boring.
“Artistes such as Naira Marley, Slimcase, CD Q and others will be performing and it will be an entertainment which everybody will enjoy because we are expecting a full house.
“The race will be plug and play which will start from the stadium and the marathoners will round the route five times.
“We are looking forward to see that athlete that will conquer the 50km race because the route is different from what we have been doing before,” he said.
NAN reports that the 50km ultra-race for both foreign and local categories will have the winners goes home with 2,000 dollars, second place runner will be 1,500 dollars richer, while the third place winners will pocket 1,000 dollars.
For Nigeria local 5km run, the winner will receive N500,000, first runner-up will have N300,00, while the second runner-up will take home N150,000.
(Edited & Vetted By: Peter Ejiofor)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-2KHS
- SEC bans unregistered CMOs from operations May 31
- INEC creates additional 4,861 PUs in Lagos
- NAPTIP rescues 52 victims, arrests 4 suspected human traffickers in Kano
- SPDC’s pipeline spills 276 barrels of crude in April – Report
- Gov. Emmanuel donates N60m to families of slain policemen
- Maize farmers promise high produce, urge FG to sustain import ban
- We don’t need war in Nigeria — Ooni of Ife
- LASG to partner German firm on agribusiness
- Kano Govt to inaugurate waste recycling project, create 4,000 jobs –official