By Fabian Ekeruche
Lagos, Feb. 4, 2019 (NNN) The Naira on Monday appreciated further at the parallel market in Lagos, exchanging at N358 to the dollar, stronger than N359 it traded on Friday.
The Pound Sterling and the Euro traded at N472 and N411, respectively.
At the Bureau De Change (BDC) segment, the naira was sold at N360 to the dollar, while the Pound Sterling and the Euro closed at N472 and N411.
At the investors’ window, the currency exchanged at N362.58 to the dollar, while market turnover stood at 225.6 million dollars.
Meanwhile, Alhaji Aminu Gwadabe, President, Association of Bureau De Change Operators of Nigeria (ABCON), has attributed the currency’s gains to the annual “Chinese holidays and the national elections’’.
”The closure of factories in China and the low demand for dollars has contributed to the gains of the naira at the parallel market,” Gwadabe said. (NNN)
Edited by Angela Okisor and Olisa Ifeajika
- UNICEF applauds release of over 50 abducted children in Ondo
- Security consultant advises Nigerians to know their neighbours
- MSF calls for urgent humanitarian response in Borno
- World Sports Press Day 2022: Message from the President of ANOCA
- Financial experts attribute decline in living standards to high inflation rate
- UFC: Sunday Dare Congratulates Israel Adesanya on Another Successful Title Defence
- Appeal Court fixes July 5 for judgment in Abuja land dispute matter
- Hundreds of anti-coup protesters in Sudan defy security forces
- NAFDAC shuts 10 water factories in Ondo
- 2023: Group drums support for Obi, urges people to get PVC
- Taraba Govt. begins sensitisation of community to privitisation of highland tea
- Bible Society honours Awolowo-Dosumu, Maiden Alex-Ibru, others
- NYSC condemns alleged electoral misconduct involving corps member in Osun
- NSE to partner stakeholders in replacing manhole covers, other projects
- Ogun govt. commiserates with labour, deceased family over teacher’s death
- Night travels: Accident claims 18 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- President Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 2023 election: PDP will win despite internal crisis, says Adedipe
- Ex-Iran president’s daughter charged with propaganda, blasphemy
- 2023: I’ll pay workers well to reduce corruption — Lagos ADC gov’ship candidate