A Mapo Customary Court on Monday, in Ibadan, dissolved a marriage of 22 years; and advised married couples to fear God and uphold the sanctity of matrimony.
President of the court, Chief Ademola Odunade, gave the admonition while delivering his verdict in a case instituted by a commercial driver, Abiodun Ganiyu, for the dissolution of his marriage to Mojisola, whom he accused of infidelity and alcoholism.
In his judgment, Odunade lamented the high level of immorality in the society, calling on wives and husbands to fear God and respect relationships.
He dissolved the union and granted custody of the six children to Ganiyu.
The Arbitrator directed the petitioner to pay N5, 000 to Mojisola to enable her pack out of his home.
During the proceedings, the petitioner stated that he was fed up with his wife’s adulterous lifestyle, which had subjected him to ridicule in their neighbourhood.
The petitioner, who lives at Agege area in Lagos state, said that life had not been the same for the past 13 years since his wife started living “a wanton lifestyle’’.
“Firstly, Mojisola informed me that she had become born again and had been ordained a prophetess in her Church.
“My lord, Mojisola sometimes told me that she had been in a trance for 10 days and therefore could not come home; but she would return home mostly heavily drunk.
“When I could no longer bear the agony, I reported her to her parents to caution her, but it was all to no avail.
“When I saw that her waywardness was becoming something else, I advised her to buy her beer to drink at home; instead, Mojisola took offence by my advice and would leave home for three to five weeks.
“Though, we both agreed to do family planning for birth control, she however, she saw it as an opportunity to sleep about with other men.
“Worst still, she introduced some of her lovers to me, I am frustrated, please, separate us,” Ganiyu pleaded with the court.
The respondent, who now lives at Apata area in Ibadan, did not deny any of the allegations leveled against her.
However, Mojisola, who earns a living as a food vendor, said that life would be meaningless to her if the court dissolved her union.
“I admit to all the allegations against me, but there is no where I can go at this stage, after six children.
“I take beer everyday because I do not want to kill myself; and I frequently leave home for a month or more.
“Also, I wooed a man to sleep with me so as to stimulate my sexual urge; and Abiodun himself knows the man, because I introduced them.
“Abiodun does not give me sexual satisfaction because he uses condom with me,” Mojisola explained.
Edited by Bayo Sekoni/Nyisom Fiyigon Dorehttps://nnn.ng/my-wife-is-a-fake-prophetess-adulteress-divorce-seeking-man-tells-court/
Kwara Gov.’s Wife commends NGF for declaring state of emergency on gender-based violence
Mrs Olufunke AbdulRazaq, the Wife of Kwara Governor and Founder, Ajike People’s Support Center, has commended the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) for declaring a state of emergency on sexual and gender-based violence.
She also commended the governors for condemning all forms of violence against women and children.
AbdulRazaq thanked the governors’ forum for endorsing the statement of all the 36 governor’s wives on the issue.
This is contained in a press statement through her Chief Press Secretary, Mr Adeyinka Adeniyi, in Ilorin on Friday.
AbdulRazaq condemned the alarming rate of incidents of rape and other sexual violence, reiterating that the unsavoury trend must be stopped.
She observed that to get to the roots of issues concerning rape, victims of the violent crimes should not keep quiet about their experiences.
The governor’s wife said that in the event of an incident, the abused needed to speak up about their abusers saying this would be a step toward getting redress.
“Many victims may not speak up because they are threatened. That is why we need to counsel people on why they should speak up in the event of an abuse, otherwise the abuse goes on unabated.
“There is the need for collective approach toward riding our society of the menace, ” she said.
She assured the people that her office and the Ajike People’s Support Center were engaging relevant stakeholders through sensitisation and advocacies to rid the society of the crime.
Edited By: Chioma Ugboma/Peter Dada (NAN)https://nnn.ng/kwara-gov-s-wife-commends-ngf-for-declaring-state-of-emergency-on-gender-based-violence/
COVID-19: Wife of Nigerian patient stranded abroad cry for help
Mrs Sadiya Salisu, wife of Mas’ud Salisu, a Nigerian patient stranded in Egypt has called for the Federal Government’s intervention to facilitate his return home.
Salisu, who travelled to Egypt for medical treatment was stranded due to flight restrictions occasioned by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Wife of the patient, Sadiya made the call in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria , in Sokoto on Sunday.
Salisu said her husband, who is a staff of one of the Federal Government agencies in Sokoto, had been in Egypt for the past 40-days, after completing his routine medical treatment.
She noted that her spouse and other Nigerians were affected by the restriction of flights and stranded in Egypt.
Salisu alleged that her husband along side other stranded Nigerians had made contacts with the Nigerian Mission in Egypt, lamenting that their efforts proved abortive.
According to her, her husband is in dire condition in Egypt due to the present predicament.
While commending President Muhammadu Buhari and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr Geoffrey Onyeama, for the repatriation of Nigerians abroad, Salisu urged the government to extend the gesture to Nigerians stranded in Egypt and other countries.
Also commenting, a relative of the stranded patient, Habibu Malumfashi, disclosed that Salisu left the county through the Malam Aminu Kano International Airport, after an arrangement with an Egyptian hospital for medical treatment.
Malumfashi said his brother and other stranded Nigerians in Egypt were hassled by the daily financial challenges.
”Many of the stranded persons are broke and incurred high hotel and hospital bills due to the prolonged stay in a foreign land,” he said.
The government had so far repatriated hundreds of Nigerians stranded in the U.S. and other countries.
Edited By: Chidinma Agu (NAN)https://nnn.ng/covid-19-wife-of-nigerian-patient-stranded-abroad-cry-for-help/
Sallah: Wife of Bauchi governor distribute clothing materials to less privileged persons
Wife of Bauchi State Governor, Dr Aisha Mohammed, has donated clothing materials to 300 People With Disabilities (PWDs), Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and Women groups in Bauchi state.
Speaking while presenting the items, Mohammed said gesture was to enable the beneficiaries celebrate the Eid-el-Fitr like other citizens, and also cushion the hardship occasioned by measures put in place to check the spread of coronavirus.
“Beneficiaries are vulnerable members of the society, hence the need to improve on their well-being.
“The intention is for the PWD, IDPs and other women groups to have a sense of belonging in the society during the Eid-el-fitr celebrations,” she said.
Mohammed said that women groups cut across every strata, and therefore stressed the need for the items to reach them.
She admonished people of the state,particularly women, to abide by the guidelines of the state government on containing spread of COVID– 19.
She said that womenfolk should not be overwhelmed with activities during the celebration and should avoid violating recommended WHO practices on how to stay safe.
In her remarks on behalf of the beneficiaries, Mrs Shafa’u Ladan, Chairperson, National Council for Women Society (NCWS) in the sttate, commended the governor’s wife for extending Sallah gifts to the less privileged in the society.
Edited By: Chioma Ugboma (NAN)
COVID-19: Ban on public gathering still in force- Oyo Govt
Oyo State Government says it has not lifted the ban on public gathering in the state.
Mr Jide Ajani, the Special Adviser to Gov. Seyi Makinde on Media, made this known to newsmen in Ibadan on Thursday.
Ajani said: “There is a fake press statement presently in circulation, referencing some Executive Orders allegedly issued by the Gov. Makinde that the state was reopened.
“This fake news is not from Gov. Makinde’s Media Office, and the so-called Executive Orders are false.
“Being a member of Oyo State COVID-19 Task Force, I can confirm that no such decisions has been taken.
“Therefore, as of today, there is no lifting of the ban on public gatherings, including Churches and Mosques.
According to him, prior to this latest evil scheme, the Oyo State COVID-19 Task Force’s daily update flyer had been cloned and used to post incorrect data.
“On another occasion, they had posted pictures on social media depicting outbreak of violence in Oyo State when the Park Management System was kickstarted.
“Individuals, who can go to this extreme, vile and vicious extent, can do anything.
“Members of the public are please advised to ignore the statement,” he said.
Edited By: Edith Bolokor/Olagoke Olatoye (NAN)https://nnn.ng/covid-19-ban-on-public-gathering-still-in-force-oyo-govt/