China‘s top disease control official said his comments on the effectiveness of his country’s vaccines over the weekend had been misinterpreted.
The director of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Gao Fu, said it was a “complete misunderstanding” that he said that Chinese vaccines offer a low level of protection, in comments to the official gazette. the Global Times Monday.
He had presented a “scientific view” that tailoring vaccine sequences or giving different injections one after another could also be options to increase protection, he said.
“The rates of protection for all vaccines around the world are sometimes high and sometimes low. How to improve their effectiveness is a question that needs to be considered by scientists around the world, ” Gao said.
Gao Fu was speaking at a conference in Chengdu on Saturday on how to resolve the insufficient protection of current vaccines, Chinese media outlet Pengpai Xinwen (The Paper) reported.
“There is also a need to consider ways to address the low rate of protection of existing vaccines,” he said.
His comments sparked a backlash because there is much less data available on Chinese vaccines than those produced in many other countries.
Critics have complained about a lack of transparency regarding the Chinese coups, which have not been authorized in many European countries.
The data from the third phase of clinical studies were particularly sought after.
Since China has largely under control the coronavirus pandemic and has been reporting virtually no local infections, studies so far have only been published in other countries where vaccines have been used.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yKw
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel