MTN, NCC ready to rollout 5G August 24
NNN: MTN Nigeria on Thursday confirmed that it would roll out 5G network by Aug. 24.
The mobile Operator disclosed this at the 90th edition of the telecom consumer parliament, organised by the Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC in Lagos
They were mandated to roll out services in August by NCC.
Reacting to the mandate during a panel discussion, representative of MTN Nigeria, Mr Chinedu Ezeigweneme, said MTN had put plans in place and working with all relevant stakeholders to ensure a smooth roll out.
“We have put all plans in place. We have discussed with relevant stakeholders and I can assure you that come Aug. 24, MTN will roll out 5G services,”Ezeigweneme said.
NCC,during the parliament discussion, stakeholders dispelled the fears that 5G network had health implications.
Director, Technical Standards and Network Integrity at NCC, Dr Bako Wakil who presented paper on the theme of the parliament, said there was no relevant health and safety authority had confirmed any health hazards arising from 5G network.
Wakil however said Industry collaboration was key to successful deployment of 5G Services in Nigeria and urged industry stakeholders to stand with the Commission to explore the prospects and potentials of the new technology, which was enormous.
Wakil said 5G would provide many benefits and opportunities that would accelerate growth and smart living in the country.
He said the technology is expected to bring substantial network improvements, including higher connection speed, mobility and capacity, as well as low-latency capabilities.
NAN reports that the theme of the meeting was “5G Technology: Opportunities and Challenges.
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs