By Peter Okolie
Ms. Obiano made the appeal in a message to the Catholic Women’s Organization (CWO) in commemoration of “Mother’s Sunday”.
The message was signed by Mr. Emeka Ozumba, Deputy Chief Press Secretary to Governor Obiano and made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
This year’s theme for Catholic Mothers Sunday is: “The Role of Women in Eliminating Discrimination and Gender-Based Violence”.
Ms Obiano, who is also the founder of the Caring Family Enhancement Initiative (CAFE), advised women to promote the culture of tolerance and inclusion as a measure.
According to her, everyone is called to be tolerant of one another and to promote equal access to opportunities and resources for all, both in the family and at the community level.
“Above all, communication is essential to build mutual understanding and bond between couples.
“Thus, in mutual respect, we are able to dissipate the tensions that arise from a minor misunderstanding which, if not properly handled, leads to an unfortunate outbreak of violence,” she said. .
Ms Obiano described the theme of this year’s celebration as “appropriate”, saying it recognizes the central role of mothers in strengthening good values to fight all forms of discrimination and gender-based violence.
The First Lady advocated deepening relationships with children at home by making a conscious effort to be their friend rather than someone they fear, as well as having regular chats and sharing fun times. .
Ms. Obiano praised the inclusive approach of the state government which ensured that all nuances of opinion were taken into account and that women were recognized in the scheme of things.
She congratulated CWO on their special day and urged them to draw inspiration from the unique role of the Blessed Virgin Mary, who has stood firm in difficult times. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yVN
- Nollywood produces 416 movies in Q1, 2021-NBS
- Gov. Diri recommends electronic voting for future election
- Pfizer, Moderna vaccines 94% effective – CDC study
- Imminent food crisis: young farmers recommend emergency food security plan
- Nigeria’s security challenges surmountable, says Gov. Fayemi
- Police not Nigeria’s problem – Sen. Dickson
- Transition: We’ll lend helping hand, Buhari tells Chad
- Team Nigeria on course to qualify for Tokyo Olympics relay races —- George
- Eid-el-Fitr: Foundation distributes food items to widows, orphans in Kaduna