By Alex Enebeli
He said that when they have good morals and good values, society will be free from crime.
Oji said this to Enugu on Sunday during her homily to mark Catholic Mothers Sunday 2021.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Mother’s Sunday is a day set aside by churches to celebrate and honor their contributions to the well-being of mankind.
Many churches celebrated their Mother’s Sunday three weeks ago while Catholics celebrate theirs today.
According to him, society would have been a better place to live if some mothers had played their part in raising their children and wards.
“Who gives birth to kidnappers, armed robbers, prostitutes, isn’t it mothers?”
“A lot of them don’t even care how their children made their money, they seem to celebrate corrupt practices rather than good deeds and this is the bane of development in society today,” he said. Oji said.
The Reverend, however, condemned the way most women treat their maids and urged them to use the occasion of Mothers Sunday to see their maids as their own children.
“As true Christians, we are supposed to love one another. Stop separating your children from your maids or other children and if you buy 5,000 N fabric for your children, buy at least 2,000 N worth for your maids.
“I know many of them are bad servants, but we need to treat them with love, care and without any form of discrimination,” he said.
Oji urged mothers to instill good manners as well as the moral and cultural values for which the company was known to their children and wards.
He therefore described mothers as the light of the family and the nation, adding that “if there is no mother, there will be no nation”.
“I especially want to congratulate mothers today for your great work in the family and in the nation in general.
“I know many of you are suffering today for one reason or another, but I want you to place your trust and hope in God.
“Always stand up for the truth, avoid evil and God will bless you,” Oji said. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yVH
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (May 11, 2021)
- UK seeks tariff exemption on solar equipment
- The newest TECNO CAMON 17 Pro has raised the bar for selfie smartphones, allowing users to express themselves creatively in their own way
- “About a Boy” the winner of the Nollywoodweek Film Festival 2021
- Energy Capital & Power Confirms High Level Sponsors for South Sudan Oil & Power 2021 Event
- APC Edo felicitates with Muslims on Eid-el Fitri
- Eid el-Fitr: A time to renew Nigeria’s pact with destiny – PDP
- Southern Senators’ Forum lauds governors on security steps
- Kogi registers indigent households impacted by COVID-19