By Awayi Kuje
Rev. Fr. Lawrence Soja-Anyembugu, parish priest responsible for St. John’s Catholic Church, Awe, Nasarawa State, urged women to instill good moral values in their children for the development of society.
Soja-Anyembugu gave the task on Sunday while speaking with the Nigerian News Agency (NAN) in commemoration of “Mother’s Sunday”.
According to the cleric, if mothers instill good moral values in their children, it will not only promote peace in their families, but also ensure rapid development of the country.
“The role of mothers in the development of society cannot be overestimated, they are the ones who build their families in collaboration with their husbands.
“It is with this in mind that I want to call on mothers to instill good moral values in their children for the development of society. So that their children are good future leaders.
“Women must be kind to their children, their husbands and society in general.
“Mothers should also treat their children and the children of others well,” he advised.
The priest urged women and other Nigerians to always pray for God’s intervention to overcome their challenges.
Soja-Anyembugu also urged women to respect their husbands for their own sake and for the overall development of the country.
He urged women and other Nigerians to live lives worth emulating for development to flourish.
“May women and other Nigerians continue to lead holy lives in order to inherit the kingdom of God,” he said.
The cleric also urged Nigerians to live in peace, obey the law, respect the constituted authorities and tolerate each other regardless of their affiliations. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yWt
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (May 11, 2021)
- UK seeks tariff exemption on solar equipment
- The newest TECNO CAMON 17 Pro has raised the bar for selfie smartphones, allowing users to express themselves creatively in their own way
- “About a Boy” the winner of the Nollywoodweek Film Festival 2021
- Energy Capital & Power Confirms High Level Sponsors for South Sudan Oil & Power 2021 Event
- APC Edo felicitates with Muslims on Eid-el Fitri
- Eid el-Fitr: A time to renew Nigeria’s pact with destiny – PDP
- Southern Senators’ Forum lauds governors on security steps
- Kogi registers indigent households impacted by COVID-19