By Femi Ogunshola
Most Gorgeous Girl Nigeria (MGGN) has made its debut with the aim of empowering the girl-child in the country.
According to her, MGGN is a celebration of youth and empowerment, an important way to convey the true meaning of beauty and the empowerment of all women and girl-child.
She stressed that the MGGN was aimed at creating a formidable voice for the girl-child and making a meaningful impact for them through pageantry.
“The girl-child deserves more in our community, there has been terrible conflict that separated families in our country.
“It is time to make sure change and transition for peace to reign, we need to ensure the love and peace reign because all of us have only one thing in common,” she said.
Ene said that the pageant would be an opportunity to demonstrate at a national that there was no intercultural barrier in spite of not speaking the same language, culture and tradition.
She said “we all speak the same language of life, respect and integrity through the pageantry.”
She said that the first edition would hold on Oct. 29, with a unique process targeted at spotting young female stars with talents in a bid to accelerate their progress by providing mentorship.
According to her, there is going to be a star prize of a car and cash prizes for the winner, first and second runner up.
She added that there would metric for measuring success, adding that the success would be measured in what the finalists made of their lives.
Ene said that 37 MGGN finalists would be selected, one from each state in the country and the FCT, adding that they would be in the academy for nine weeks before a winner emerged at the grand finale. (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3zpR
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 5, 2021)
- Coker resumes as NTDC boss
- WAPA reiterates commitment to vulnerable women in Lagos
- Coronavirus – Daily update on the status of COVID-19 statistics in Zambia (May 5, 2021)
- EU moots military training mission to Mozambique – Official
- Vaccine shortage increases risk of COVID-19 resurgence
- NECO releases 2020 SSCE results
- Rugby Africa Mulligrubbers #AfricaAsOne with the launch of the men’s seven-a-side solidarity camp
- China ready to discuss COVID-19 vaccine patents within WTO