Supervisor identifies poor use of computer, recommends Mock exams for UTME first timers
NNN: Mr Ajao Adelodun, a supervisor with the Joint Admissions Matriculation Board (JAMB) has recommended Mock examination for first timers in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) to strengthen preparations.
NAN reports that Mock is an examination introduced for candidates to test their ability and introduce them on the formula of questions and how to approach them on computer.
It is considered as practice exams before the final examinations.
According to Adelodun, since the examination is Computer Based Test (CBT), it will be a big advantage for those who have gotten a pre-knowledge on the use of the system in the mock.
”One of the problems we have observed in the ongoing JAMB UTME is that some of the candidates are struggling with the system, which is a clear indication that they are lagging.
”So I urge parents after registering their children for JAMB, to go extra mile and make sure they enter them for Mock examination, which usually holds before the JAMB proper.
”We observed that those that sat for Mock examination exhibited more confidence and were able to manage the time given well, while other keep calling us for directions,” he said.
Adelodun also tasked candidates to avail themselves on the use of computer, adding that they give priority to the value it would add to their academic career.
- West Africa and the MSGBC Region Showcase a Hive of Exploration Activities
- NSITF to collaborate ILO to regulate COVID-19 claims, compensations
- NGO tasks media on championing basic education rights in Kaduna
- 2023 budget: Kaduna State Govt will adhere to MTEF recommendation – Perm. Sec.
- WAFCON 2022: Our sight remains on the trophy, Falcons
- Ericsson invites participants to ‘Together Apart Hackathon’ to boost innovation in Nigeria
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC deploys 36,000 personnel, 750 patrol vehicles, ambulances
- OPEC Secretary-General, Barkindo dies at 63
- Banditry: Matawalle security agencies of his total support
- Gunmen attack Kuje Custodial Centre in Abuja
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina
- UN chief welcomes ECOWAS resolutions on Mali, commends Goodluck Jonathan
- NAOWA gifts food items, medicine, others to widows of fallen soldiers in Imo
- PDP’ll participate in Ebonyi July LG polls- Party Chairman