By Ismaila Chafe
President Muhammadu Buhari met behind closed doors on Monday with Acting Inspector General of Police Usman Baba at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that the acting IG has been officially presented to President Buhari by the Minister of Police Affairs, Alhaji Maigari Dingyadi.
The president announced Baba’s appointment in London via Dingyadi.
NAN observed that the new IG was among the dignitaries of the presidential wing of Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja on Thursday to welcome the president, who returned home after 16 days of medical checks in London.
Speaking to State House correspondents at the end of the meeting with the president, the new acting IG said he was in the villa for an official presentation to the president.
“My minister took me to the president for an introduction and introduced me to him.
“I also thanked the President for giving me the opportunity to serve Nigeria as Inspector General of Police. I also promised to do my best to change the rhetoric when it comes to the country’s internal security.
“I’m coming back for a full brief,” he said.
For his part, Dingyadi assured that measures had been put in place to provide adequate equipment and training aimed at boosting the morale of police personnel in the country. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yY0
- Eid -el-Fitr: Gov. Ganduje frees 123 prison inmates
- Coronavirus – Malawi: Daily update of information on COVID-19 (May 13, 2021)
- World Bank to construct 13.16km Lagos farm roads
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 13, 2021)
- Eid el-fitri: Cleric preaches unity, tolerance to check ethnicity
- Cargo Airport project ‘ll increase economic fortunes of Anambra- ONICCIMA
- FIFA World Report: Give Every Talent a Chance
- Diaspora voting critical to effective participation in governance – council
- Visit Rwanda and RwandAir join the Basketball Africa League as official partners