Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development Minister Sadiya Umar-Farouq on Thursday announced the training of 300 young people as mobile money agents for the South-South region of Calabar, the capital of Cross River State.
Under this program, at least more than 1,850 Nigerian youth would be trained as mobile money agents across the country.
The ministry would train at least 300 young people from each of the federation’s six geopolitical zones as mobile money agents to fight poverty and unemployment.
The five-day training took place at the Venetian Arena, Murtala Muhammad Way, in Calabar.
The “Life Skills and Entrepreneurship Development Training” anchored by the Ministry’s National Social Investment Program (N-SIP), was facilitated by Rotex Consulting Limited and Agent Network Expansion Facilities shared (SANEF).
The minister said that since the election of President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015, the president has launched so many policies and programs targeted on poverty reduction, youth empowerment and wealth
Represented by Emma Deekor, Deputy Director of Finance and Account of N-SIP, Ms. Umar Farouq urged participants to take advantage of the training opportunity using the skills to improve their economic situation.
Ms. Umar-Farouq said the training is in line with President Buhari’s pledge to lift 100 million Nigerians out of poverty within 10 years.
Buhari, on his national independence anniversary program, said he “remains convinced that our goal of lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty within 10 years is achievable.”
He said “given the positive impact of our social investment program”, he approved an increase in the number of beneficiaries of the N-Power program from 500,000 to one million.
Participants were selected from the six states of Rivers, Cross River, Delta, Bayelsa, Edo and Akwa Ibom, constituting the South-South geopolitical zone.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3DhO
- US Fashion designer Virgil Abloh, 41, dies of cancer
- FCT badminton club hosts maiden championship in Kubwa
- World Bank, El-Rufai applaud Kyari, as NNPC intensifies petroleum sector reform
- WHO Stands with African Nations and Calls for Borders to Remain Open
- NDLEA intercepts 12,385kg “Loud” marijuana in Lagos
- Incorporate recommendations into teaching curriculum to take Art Schools forward — Rector YABATECH
- “1115 C of O’s Yet to Be Collected by Applicants” – Oyo Govt
- CAC deploys e-Platform for registration of LLPs coy
- NSE, COREN commends Gov. Abiodun On Infrastructural Development
- UK to enforce new Covid rules from Tuesday
- Tens of thousands protest Austria compulsory vaccination
- French minister flies to Caribbean islands after mooting autonomy
- James Bond fan Fiala named Czech prime minister
- Buhari charges agric varsities to bridge food insecurity gap
- NIPC partners Isreali Embassy on i-FAIR 2021/22