By Georgina Adegbie / Aderonke Ojo
The Cameroonian under-19 volleyball team on Sunday beat their Gambian counterparts 3-0 in the African Nations Volleyball Championship underway in Abuja.
The Nigeria News Agency (NAN) reports that in the match at the indoor gym at Moshood Abiola National Stadium, Cameroon showed a good performance to win overall.
Cameroon won the first set 25-18, 25-19 in the second set and 25-16 in the third set.
“My boys didn’t do well in the three sets of the match. Our performance was not good and it is unfortunate that we did not win their game.
“Our center was not functioning at all and we had blocking errors.
“The Cameroonian side was playing outside of the attack and our blockers could not contain them.
“But if we had won our last game, now we will talk about the preparation for the World Cup,” she said.
For his part, Cameroonian coach Emmanuel Wadawa said he was overwhelmed by the performance of his teams in the league.
“Today is our day. Firstly, the girls beat Nigeria 3-0 in the first game and the men’s team just beat the Gambian team.
“They listened to all of the instructions we gave them and it worked out well for us.
“We are happy to have won our last game. It is a successful and fruitful outing for us, and we have made our country proud, ”he said.
The African Nations Under-18 and Under-19 Volleyball Championship, which started on Thursday, is scheduled to end on Tuesday. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3ye1
- FG reacts to location of Twitter’s African headquarters in Ghana
- German Constitutional Court drops controversial Berlin rent ceiling
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (April 14, 2021)
- Buhari saddened by killing of soldiers in Bénoué, says Magashi
- Edo 2020 release: Okowa congratulates the Delta team
- Residents of Kano and Katsina accuse manufacturers of cement price
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (April 14, 2021)
- Greece lifts quarantine requirement for tourists
- NAFDAC impound vehicle loaded with unhealthy drugs and vaccines