Ologbondiyan commended Nigerian workers for their sacrifices toward the well being of the nation, particularly at the critical time many of them were on the frontline against the spread COVID-19.
“The PDP hails the resilience of workers in the health and other essential services, who have continued to exhibit unequaled patriotism, despite the daunting challenges, in the overall effort to mitigate the health, economic and social impacts of the scourge.
“These citizens are indeed our national heroes.
“The party notes that the Nigerian workers have continued to work hard in every sector to ensure the unity, stability and economic growth of our dear nation as well as standing as a strong voice for the entrenchment of equity, social justice and rule of law in the polity,” he said.
Ologbondiyan said it was depressing that the 2020 Workers Day came at a time when the world was on lockdown over the COVID-19 pandemic, but noted that such did not detract from the essence of the celebration.
He, however, urged workers not to deter in their commitment toward nation building.
Edited By: Kamal Tayo Oropo/Felix Ajide (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3bp1
- Forum tasks FG on MSMEs growth
- Video press release: Rugby Africa Sevens Solidarity Camp: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel
- APC will take over Rivers Govt House in 2023- State Chairman
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 7, 2021)
- FRSC enjoins passengers to caution reckless drivers
- Coronavirus – Daily update of the state of COVID-19 statistics in Zambia (May 7, 2021)
- Atiku mourns ex-Minister of Women Affairs, Alhassan
- Bird flu: Bauchi govt. kills about 27,000 birds to curtail spread
- Heirs Oil & Gas announces the appointments of its CEO and Board of Directors