By Edeki Igafe
There was massive voter turnout in Saturday’s by-election of the local Isoko North constituency constituency for the Delta House of Assembly.
The Nigeria News Agency (NAN) reports that the distribution of electoral materials from the Zone Registration Centers (RACs)to the various voting units started around 7:00 a.m. while voter accreditation started around 8:30 a.m. in some offices. to vote. units.
Voters who included young and old alike were happy to exercise their civic rights.
A participant, Ms Aghogho Elias, said: “I want to vote because I am alive.”
There were few vehicles and people on the roads while security personnel occupied various strategic locations and polling stations in the state constituency.
This was in execution of the directive of the Police Commissioner (CP), Delta Command, Ari Ali, who had previously issued an order banning the movement of people between Friday midnight and 4 p.m. Saturday in the region.
They described it as a deliberate attempt to manipulate the results.
“In the Ozoro 2 neighborhood, they tore the clothes of one of our agents and it is a deliberate plan by the PDP for the thumbprint,” Agbi said.
“When someone falls, they’re usually looking for something to hold onto.
“In my unit the card readers are working and people are voting, there is nothing quite like thumbing ballots.
“I think it’s the same in the neighborhoods of the constituency,” Egware said.
The president of the PDP of the local government area of Isoko North, Mr. Godwin Ogorugba, said he was satisfied with the voter turnout.
Ogorugba, who voted in Otibio, Unit 3, said he was happy with the by-election.
In addition, Mr. Jude Ogbimi, PDP by-election candidate, welcomed the peaceful conduct of the election as he voted in Otibio, Unit 2.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yIG
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (May 11, 2021)
- UK seeks tariff exemption on solar equipment
- The newest TECNO CAMON 17 Pro has raised the bar for selfie smartphones, allowing users to express themselves creatively in their own way
- “About a Boy” the winner of the Nollywoodweek Film Festival 2021
- Energy Capital & Power Confirms High Level Sponsors for South Sudan Oil & Power 2021 Event
- APC Edo felicitates with Muslims on Eid-el Fitri
- Eid el-Fitr: A time to renew Nigeria’s pact with destiny – PDP
- Southern Senators’ Forum lauds governors on security steps
- Kogi registers indigent households impacted by COVID-19