By Mohammed Tijjani
He also called for prayers against the current security challenges across the country.
This is contained in a statement issued Wednesday in Kaduna by the chairman of the NLC, Comrade Ayuba Suleiman.
NLC said workers and all Nigerians should use Ramadan time to step up prayers for Allah’s protection and a total end to terrorism, armed banditry, kidnappings, cattle rustling and other crimes that torment the state and the nation in general.
The union also called on the workers to do their best for the development of Kaduna State and the country in general.
The statement describes the holy month of Ramadan as a time of renewal and an opportunity for Muslims to ask for God‘s forgiveness and to re-commit to the ideals of Islam.
“The holy month of Ramadan is the month of blessings, love, giving, sharing, forgiveness, prayers and reading of the Holy Quran and above all is the month of the answer to prayers”, he said. -he adds.
The NLC also urged Muslims to be humble and support the needy, and to avoid all acts of sin, in accordance with the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (SAW). (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yOs
- Arsenal dent Chelsea’s Champions League push
- Kalu salutes Ekweremadu at 59
- NECO: 115 inmates credit English, Maths in Enugu
- Infinix Releases Award Winning NOTE 10 Pro Series Powerful Performance. Iconic design
- Eid-el-fitr: Yahaya Bello calls for national integration
- Eid el-Fitr; Atiku wants Nigerians reflect on peace, unity
- Osinbajo graces Museveni’s inauguration in Kampala
- Managing mental health conditions among army officers
- Infant, two others die in gas explosion in Ogun