CAIRO, Egypt, October 28, 2021 / APO Group / –
Marriott International (Marriott.com), Inc. today announced that it has signed an agreement with The Red Sea Development Company to develop two luxury hotels as part of the highly anticipated Red Sea Project in Saudi Arabia. The St. Regis Red Sea Resort and The Red Sea EDITION are expected to further strengthen Marriott International’s presence in the Kingdom, where it currently has a portfolio of over 30 properties with over 9,000 rooms across ten brands.
“We are delighted to be working with The Red Sea Development Company to introduce St. Regis Hotels & Resorts and EDITION to one of Saudi Arabia’s most anticipated projects,” said Jerome Briet, Director of Development, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Marriott International. “These landmark signatures illustrate Marriott International’s commitment to growing the tourism sector in the Kingdom and highlight an increased demand for accommodations and lifestyle and luxury experiences. “
The St. Regis Red Sea Resort
Consolidating St. Regis’ position as a world leader in luxury, The St. Regis Red Sea Resort marks the brand’s introduction into Saudi Arabia and the continued growth of its portfolio in the Middle East. Located on a private island, the resort is expected to feature 90 villas, two signature restaurants, an outdoor pool, fitness center and spa, in addition to a kids’ club. Scheduled to open in 2023, the exclusive complex will offer the brand’s visionary spirit, avant-garde style and tailor-made service.
The Red Sea EDITION
EDITION Hotels redefines the concept of luxury by offering an unexpected collection of unique hotels. Located on the main island of the Red Sea project, Shaura, The Red Sea EDITION is slated to open in 2023 with 240 rooms, including one, two and three bedroom suites. The property is set to reflect the best of the cultural and social background of its location and time. The hotel plans to offer two signature restaurants, a destination bar, a beach bar, a fitness center, a swimming pool and a spa. EDITION Hotels is the collaboration between hospitality visionary and cultural icon Ian Schrager and Marriott International.
John Pagano, CEO of The Red Sea Development Company, said: “It is with great pleasure that we welcome Marriott International to the family of The Red Sea Development Company. Securing globally esteemed and recognized brands such as St. Regis Hotels & Resorts and EDITION operating our luxury resorts is a significant and positive step forward for our flagship destination. We look forward to working hand-in-hand with Marriott International to deliver unique and immersive guest experiences, underpinned by a commitment to improving the environment and uplifting local communities as we strive to stay true to our promise of regeneration. .
The Red Sea Project, one of the first “giga” projects announced by the Saudi government, is an ambitious historic regeneration project, covering 28,000 square kilometers on the country’s west coast. The destination is expected to offer a new kind of barefoot luxury experience and is developed with the highest sustainability standards. With an archipelago of over 90 unspoiled natural islands, as well as dormant volcanoes, deserts, mountains and cultural sites, the project is expected to deliver new levels of service excellence, using technology to enable a seamless personalized experience. which aims to position Saudi Arabia on the global tourism map.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3Dyb
- COVID-19: Nigeria records 3 cases of omicron variant infections
- Mozambique conference calls for revival of fishing communities
- Complement your education with skills acquisition, NYSC boss charges corps members
- CEMAC Ministers Endorse African Energy Week 2022
- UNICEF and Liquid Intelligent Technologies launch a partnership to help Giga bridge the digital divide in Africa
- Nigeria, Chad to partner on power interconnection –Minister
- Prof. Florence Obi: Celebrating 1 year of an Icon in office
- Minister decries lack of improved cocoa seedlings
- IMF Management Completes First Review of the Staff-Monitored Program with Guinea Bissau
- A child was infected with HIV every two minutes in 2020 – UNICEF
- EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu invites youths for Peace Walk
- 257 projects amounting to over N20b duplicated in 2021 budget- ICPC boss
- No nation can develop without respect for rule of law —- AfDB president
- MTN offers 575m shares at N169 per share
- Police rescue 3 kidnapped persons, recover 3 AK-47 rifles in Zamfara