Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has dismissed claims that the club is in crisis, despite a string of issues on and off the pitch. The team has suffered three defeats in their past four games and is currently facing ongoing struggles away from home.
Ten Hag, who has been in charge for a full season, successfully ended the club’s six-year trophy drought by winning the Carabao Cup, reaching an FA Cup final, and securing a third-place finish in the Premier League last year. However, the feeling of a disastrous campaign from two seasons ago still looms over the club. With only six points from their opening five games, United currently sits at 13th place in the league table. Their latest disappointment came in a 3-1 defeat to Brighton at Old Trafford over the weekend.
One major area of concern for United is their performance on the road. Ahead of their upcoming away fixtures against Bayern Munich in the Champions League and Burnley in the Premier League, United has only managed to pick up one point as visitors against teams that finished in the top nine last season. Additionally, they have not won any of their last six Premier League away games in London, their longest such run since 2015-2016.
Pressure is mounting on Ten Hag’s side as they struggle to find stability away from home. Recent losses to Arsenal and Tottenham, as well as a number of defensive lapses last season, highlight the team’s inability to perform consistently against top sides. Even against lesser opponents, United has shown a tendency to crumble when the pressure is on.
Fans and pundits alike have voiced their concerns over United’s away form. Sky Sports pundit Roy Keane expressed his worries, stating that the team lacks personality and character on the road. The club’s poor away record reflects these shortcomings, with more goals conceded away from home compared to matches at Old Trafford. United has also struggled to hold onto leads in away games, dropping 10 points from winning positions.
United’s statistics further reveal their struggles away from home. Despite having more possession on the road, the team attempts fewer through balls and crosses, and has a lower expected-goals rate. To improve their away performances, the team needs to take more risks and play with the same freedom and comfort they have at Old Trafford.
Ten Hag understands the importance of stepping up in away games and acknowledges the need for more personality from his players. He believes that mentality plays a significant role in their performance on the road. The manager emphasizes the importance of playing their own game regardless of the venue and expects his team to show more personality to secure crucial points away from home.
While Ten Hag remains optimistic, the inability to secure a statement away win continues to frustrate the manager. For now, the team’s struggles away from home persist, posing a challenge as United aims to compete for top honors.
Another chance to win £250,000 with Super 6 is on the horizon, with entries closing at 3 pm on Saturday.
- Bombay My Beloved: A Rich and Realistic Crime Thriller
- Al Hilal Defeats Al Shabab to Top Saudi Pro League
- Prime Video’s Gen V Offers a Ground-Level Perspective on the World of The Boys
- Heritage Lecture – The Enigma of the Anterior Interface
- Gen V”: Exploring the New Crop of Superhumans at Godolkin University
- Fujifilm XF 150-600mm Lens: A Versatile Option for Wildlife, Bird, and Sports Photography
- Google Honors Pioneering Psychologist Mihály Csíkszentmihályi with Doodle on His 89th Birthday
- An Open Letter to Justin Timberlake: Embracing Your Potential as a Character Actor
- Nigerian Journalist Rewrites “Reptile” Movie Review in Expository Style
- Nigerian Journalist
- BBNaija All Stars Finalist Mercy Eke Celebrates 30th Birthday on Reality Show
- The Bye Bye Barry Amazon Prime Video Release Date
- How to Watch Island Season 1 Online: Streaming Details and More
- A Grand Jury Indicts Duane Keith “Keffe D” Davis in Connection with the Killing of Tupac Shakur
- Borussia Dortmund Tops Bundesliga Table with 3-1 Victory Against Hoffenheim
- Benfica Advances to Basketball Champions League Regular Season
- Borussia Dortmund Defeats Hoffenheim 3-1 in Bundesliga Showdown
- Naira Exchange Rates Latest Update Today
- Alucard Makes a Surprising Return in Castlevania: Nocturne Season 2
- The New Order in Road Construction: Senator Dave Umahi’s Fight Against the Old Order