By Dorcas Elusogbon
The prosecutor, Inspector Sunday Osanyintuyi, told the court that the defendant committed the offense on March 29, 2021 around 12:30 p.m. in front of the SDA hospital, Ile-Ife.
Osanyintuyi said the accused assaulted a W / Insp. Alamu Idowu while carrying out his legal duty by throwing punches at him.
He added that the accused also assaulted a Cpl Wasiu Isiaka while fulfilling his legal obligations by biting his right thumb.
According to him, the accused damaged a Rolex wristwatch, valued at N 40,000, owned by Cpl Oladele Femi.
Osanyintuyi further explained that the offense violated Articles 356 and 451 of the Penal Code, Osun Laws, 2002.
The defendant, who was not legally represented, however, pleaded not guilty to all four counts of assault and harm.
Magistrate AA Ayeni admitted the accused to a bond of 100,000 naira, with a bond for an equivalent sum.
Ayeni added that the surety must take an oath on an affidavit of means, reside in the court’s jurisdiction and produce three recent passport photos.
The case was adjourned until April 13 to be heard. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yxm
- British Queen enters debate over Philip’s funeral outfits
- Police deploy 17,500 for LG Rivers election
- Russia, Ukraine hold military exercises, NATO responds
- FG reacts to location of Twitter’s African headquarters in Ghana
- German Constitutional Court drops controversial Berlin rent ceiling
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (April 14, 2021)
- Buhari saddened by killing of soldiers in Bénoué, says Magashi
- Edo 2020 release: Okowa congratulates the Delta team
- Residents of Kano and Katsina accuse manufacturers of cement price