Police charged Garba, who resides in Rijiyar Lemo Quarters Kano, with filth.
Chief Magistrate Mustapha Sa’ad-Datti, who did not accept Garba’s plea, ordered the police to forward the case to the public prosecutor for legal advice.
He adjourned the case until November 2, for further mention.
Earlier, prosecution attorney Miss Asma’u Ado told the court that Garba committed the offense on September 29 in Rijiyar Lemo Quarters Kano.
She alleged that around 11 a.m. Garba lured the nine-year-old girl to her room in the Rijiyar Lemo neighborhood and defiled her.
Ado said the offense violated the provisions of article 283 of the Penal Code.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3D14
- US Fashion designer Virgil Abloh, 41, dies of cancer
- FCT badminton club hosts maiden championship in Kubwa
- World Bank, El-Rufai applaud Kyari, as NNPC intensifies petroleum sector reform
- WHO Stands with African Nations and Calls for Borders to Remain Open
- NDLEA intercepts 12,385kg “Loud” marijuana in Lagos
- Incorporate recommendations into teaching curriculum to take Art Schools forward — Rector YABATECH
- “1115 C of O’s Yet to Be Collected by Applicants” – Oyo Govt
- CAC deploys e-Platform for registration of LLPs coy
- NSE, COREN commends Gov. Abiodun On Infrastructural Development
- UK to enforce new Covid rules from Tuesday
- Tens of thousands protest Austria compulsory vaccination
- French minister flies to Caribbean islands after mooting autonomy
- James Bond fan Fiala named Czech prime minister
- Buhari charges agric varsities to bridge food insecurity gap
- NIPC partners Isreali Embassy on i-FAIR 2021/22