The likelihood of another early Champions League exit for Barcelona has fuelled speculation he could quit the Nou Camp.
Uncertainty remains due to the ongoing presidential elections at Barca, with all candidates saying they are determined to keep the 33-year-old.
Messi has won six Ballon D’Or trophies in a stellar career that has seen him generally accepted as one of the finest players ever. City have long been touted as an alternative, partly due to the link with former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola, although Paris St-Germain are also thought to be interested.
It has been reported City have tabled a revised offer for Messi but BBC Sport has been told by a club source this is not true – and that no offers have been made, either in the summer, or since and there are currently no talks.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3y0k
- Eid -el-Fitr: Gov. Ganduje frees 123 prison inmates
- Coronavirus – Malawi: Daily update of information on COVID-19 (May 13, 2021)
- World Bank to construct 13.16km Lagos farm roads
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 13, 2021)
- Eid el-fitri: Cleric preaches unity, tolerance to check ethnicity
- Cargo Airport project ‘ll increase economic fortunes of Anambra- ONICCIMA
- FIFA World Report: Give Every Talent a Chance
- Diaspora voting critical to effective participation in governance – council
- Visit Rwanda and RwandAir join the Basketball Africa League as official partners