By Suleiman Shehu
A man identified as Ahmed Saka torched the bedroom of his ex-lover, Mutiat Oladele, in Ibadan, resulting in the death of the woman and her two children.
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that the incident happened on Wednesday evening in Shogoye, in the Idi-Arere region of Ibadan, Oyo state.
It was taken for granted that Mutiat and Saka were in love before the woman broke off the relationship.
Saka allegedly threatened to end his life and that of Mutiat for ending the relationship with him and then committed the act at midnight.
NAN further concluded that three other children were also injured to varying degrees as a result of the fire.
The children are currently being treated at the Anglican Hospital of the Diocese of Molete.
The man later died as a result of the arson.
“They are cohabiting; the man went to torch his ex-lover’s house because the woman said she was no longer interested in the relationship.
“The woman and her two children died as a result of the incident.
“The man who burned down the house later died, while three other children were injured and treated in hospital.
Fadeyi said further investigation is underway into the matter. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yGH
- SEC accuses traders of frustrating electronic dividend registration
- Correctional center controller recommends amnesty for some inmates
- Society defines May 5 as National Bible Day
- SEC instructs CMOs to update investor information
- Coronavirus – Zambia: COVID-19 update (April 14, 2021)
- FG distributes inputs to 7,500 women farmers
- Intelligence gathering is key to resolving insurgency -GOC
- Coronavirus – Namibia: COVID-19 update (April 14, 2021)
- More than one million confirmed COVID-19 deaths in Europe – WHO