Its Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Mr Wilfred-Brown Chinedu, disclosed this to the Nigeria News Agency in Lagos.
According to him, SITA is an international exhibition of African textiles, a vast market for the promotion and valorisation of African textiles.
It is also an organised international parade of traditional and industrial African clothings held in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea.
Chinedu said that he led a six-man team who represented Nigeria at the 6th edition of SITA held in Malabo, from Jan. 23 to Jan. 27.
He said that it was the first time that Nigeria would feature at the event tagged ‘SITA 2020’ alongside 12 other countries from the continent.
“It was a great time, joyful moments and wonderful outing for the representatives which comprised the winners of Miss Industry, Mr Universe, Lagos Dance and others in the three-day event.
“There was a standing ovation when Nigeria representatives were invited on stage for their presentations on parade, exhibition and parade show events,” he said.
Nigeria’s representatives in SITA 2020, Malabo, Equatorial Guinea.
He listed the names of the country’s representatives at the event as: Jimoh Oyindamola (JD AFRIK), Oreoluwa Oladapo (Winner Lagos Dance Concert 2019), Umole Gabriel (Head of Cinematography Smile Global Entertainment).
Others are: Unaigwe Jennifer (Winner Ms Industry Nigeria 2019), Amobi-Okoli Chidozie (winner Mr Universe Nigeria international 2019) and Agu Clement (Music Artist).
According to him, Oreoluwa Oladapo (2019 winner of Lagos Dance Concert) thrilled spectators when he did his dance on the stage as he exhibited outstanding skills.
“Our presentations in the three events were awesome, it was a thrilling moment for spectators and we were equally happy that our presence was noticed because it was our first time of participating in the continental event,” he said.
On the sponsorship to the event, Chinedu said that Equatorial Guinea that hosted the event picked the bills for the team Nigeria’s flight, accommodation and feeding, adding that they were a good host.
He added that Nigeria was given a certificate of participation while the platform created an opportunity for the representatives to gain international exposure.
Edited By: Chinyere Nwachukwu/Peter Dada
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (February 27, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 update (February 27, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Zimbabwe: COVID-19 update (February 27, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Malawi: COVID-19 update (February 27, 2021)
- Sports journalism: Guinean security must release Dioulde now – AIPS Africa
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (February 27, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 update (February 27, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Uganda: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)