By Muhammad Nasir
Abubakar gave the directive on Sunday in a statement issued by Professor Sambo Junaidu, chairman of the Advisory Committee on Religious Affairs, Sultanate Council, Sokoto.
“This is to inform the Muslim Ummah that Monday April 12, which is equivalent to the 29th day of Sha’aban 1442AH, will be the day of the search for the new moon of Ramadan 1442AH.
“Muslims are therefore urged to start looking for the crescent moon on Monday and report its sighting to the nearest district or village chief for further communication to the sultan,” the statement said.
The Sultan prayed to Allah to help Muslims fulfill their religious duty.
Junaidu gave phone numbers that could be used directly to report the new moon sighting to the committee.
The numbers are 08037157100, 07067416900, 08066303077, 08036149757, 08035965322 and 08035945903.
The (NAN) reports that Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar observed by Muslims around the world as a month for fasting, prayer, reflection and helping the needy. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yJv
- JUSUN urges FG to deduct Judiciary funds from May FAAC
- Eid-el-Fitr: APC urges Nigerians to pray for country’s leaders, peace, unity
- WHO panel urges bold overhaul of pandemic prevention measures
- $540bn remittance flow reaches low-and-middle-income countries in 2020- WB
- Arsenal dent Chelsea’s Champions League push
- Kalu salutes Ekweremadu at 59
- NECO: 115 inmates credit English, Maths in Enugu
- Infinix Releases Award Winning NOTE 10 Pro Series Powerful Performance. Iconic design
- Eid-el-fitr: Yahaya Bello calls for national integration