Libya’s National Center for Disease Control on Friday announced one new COVID-19 case and three recoveries.
The center said in a statement that it received 238 suspected samples, 237 of which were tested negative and one positive.
The new case is a man who returned from Turkey about a week ago, adding that most cases reported in the country recently are people coming from abroad.
The statement also said that three COVID-19 patients have newly recovered.
The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Libya so far is 72, including 38 recoveries and three deaths, according to the center.
According to the Ministry of Education, schools will be reopened in mid-June after nearly three months of closure as a precautionary measure against the coronavirus.
A series of precautionary measures have been taken by the Libyan authorities, including banning public gatherings, imposing curfew, and closing the country’s borders.