The chairman of Peoples’ Democratic Party ( PDP) Governors Forum and governor of Sokoto state, Aminu Tambuwal, has suggested the deployment of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in tackling security challenges nationwide.
Addressing newsmen in Bauchi on Friday when officials of the party visited Gov. Bala Mohammed, Tambuwal said the use of modern ICT gadgets would enhance detection of criminals and their locations.
According to him, proper utilisatiom of high technology facilities will enable the taking of proactive steps to check the activities of criminals.
He observed that Nigeria was under-policed, hence the need to recruit more security agents to boost the numerical strength of the nation’s security architecture.
Tambuwal also called on the government to enhance the welfare of security personnel to enable them perform optimally.
He noted that the security situation in Sokoto,Zamfara and Kebbi states had improved as instances of banditary attacks ,cattle rustling and armed robbery, had reduced drastically .
Earlier in his remarks, Mr Uche Secondus, National Chairman of the PDP, had commended Gov Bala Mohammed for his exceptional performance in the provision of infrastructure.
He said his party would continue to ensure internal democracy in all its activities,saying eligible party members were free to contest for any elective position.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that those on the entourage of the chairman were the former governor of Gombe state, Ibrahim Dankwambo, former President of the Senate, David Mark and the PDP Deputy National Chairman, Nazif Gamawa.
- Coronavirus – Uganda: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Zambia: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Zimbabwe: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Visit of the message of unity, peace and solidarity in Mali
- Innovative Smart Bag Redefines Menstruation Management for Refugee Girls in Uganda
- UNMISS helps restore calm and stability after recent violence in Koch