Lawmaker mobilises constituents to obtain PVC
NNN: Alhaji Muluku Agah, member representing Nassarawa Eggon East Constituency in Nasarawa State House of Assembly, has urged eligible members of the constituency to obtain their Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs).
Agah, who is the Chairman, House Committee on Planning, Budget and SDGs, made the appeal while speaking with newsmen in Lafia on Tuesday.
“I am calling on eligible people of my constituency and Nigeria at large, who are yet to get their PVCs to do so.
“This is to enable them vote good leaders come 2023 and beyond, as the PVC is the weapon of an electorate to vote candidate or candidates of his or her choice during election,” he said.
Agah assured the people of the constituency of more quality and sound representation at the state legislature.
“I will continue to provide the people of my constituency with the much needed dividends of democracy by keying into good policies and programmes that will improve on their standard of living,” he said.
The lawmaker urged the people to continue to be law abiding, respect constituted authorities and live peacefully with one another, irrespective of any affiliation.
“I call on the people of my constituency to live in peace with one another due to the importance of peace to human and societal development.
“No society will achieve meaningful progress and development without unity and peace,” said Agah.
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family