By Kingsley Okoye
Senate Speaker Ahmad Lawan received an honorary scholarship from the Nigerian Institute of Surveyors on Wednesday.
A statement from Mr. Ola Awoniyi, his special media advisor, says Lawan, while speaking at the agency’s 2021 scholarship inauguration, has given assurances that he is doing his best to reposition him. .
“Once you get into politics, it’s all interesting, maybe very consuming.
“You sometimes forget what other calls you’ve had, but this particular stock market award brought me back to the track.
“I think this is a very genuine award because from today on I will think more and more like a surveyor, and I want to assure you that I will represent this institution with respect, dignity and all these traits that our institution of surveyors is known for.
“You have a worthy representative in the National Assembly. I am perhaps not the only surveyor in the National Assembly, but I want to assure you that I will do my best to get this institution to reposition itself.
“Surveyors play a very important, critical and crucial role in national development, but in most cases they are hardly given the importance they deserve. I think we need to change that narrative.
“So we should take advantage of the presence of some of us in the Legislative Assembly. Where this institution feels it needs or needs certain legislation to improve its performance, you undoubtedly have a destination.
“This destination will be those of us who are surveyors and our very distinguished colleagues who are our friends who will always be there to support this kind of very worthy course for national development,” Lawan said.
He took the opportunity to assure Nigerians that the government is working around the clock to address the current security challenges in the country.
“We live a lot of insecurity but the government is not resting. The government is not sleeping. The government works hard and all government agencies work hard.
“Every country at one stage of development or another faces challenges. But the difference is that countries that want to achieve greatness always try to conquer. We will overcome our challenges by the grace of God, ”Lawan said. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yPb
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (May 5, 2021)
- Day of the Midwife: Invest in midwives to save more lives — UNFPA
- Liquid Telecom unveils new identity, Liquid Intelligent Technologies in Botswana as it establishes itself as the digital services partner of choice for African businesses
- Buhari salutes ex-NSC DG Al-Hassan Yakmut at 60
- Chelsea whip Real Madrid to reach Champions League final
- Video press release: Weekly press briefing on the coronavirus epidemic
- Enugu State inaugurates board for universal health coverage
- Video Press Release: WHO Africa COVID-19 Online Briefing
- Singer Paul Okoye hits 1m subscribers on YouTube, receives gold plaque