Oyebanji, who won a bronze at the last festival in Abuja 2018, said that the 2022 Delta sports festival is the first time he will win a gold medal, adding that he did not win a medal at the 2020 Edo edition.
After his feat, Oyebanji said she now hopes to be invited by the national team before the 2023 African Games, which will be held in Ghana.
Also yesterday, Lagos claimed a silver medal in the final of the women’s 10m team rifle shooting event.
The trio of Osarobo Suzi, Kalu Uzoamala and Oshodi Mojisola Oluwato with total scores of 1496.
2, took the silver medal in the event won by Team Delta State, which scored 1661.
8. Bayelsa took the bronze medal with scores of 1494.
2. Impressed by his athletes at the event, Lagos State Shooting Association head coach Badmos Adeleke described the girls’ performance as exemplary, adding that they went above and beyond with the feat of winning the shooting medal.
Adeleke praised the Lagos State Sports Commission and the president of the state shooting association for their support of the shooters, while appealing to the authority to bolster the team with modern Olympic championship weapons.
- Makhachev, Volkanovski set for thriller ‘Down Under’
- The aftermath of Bayern Munich vs. Wolfsburg; Kevin Trapp defends Manuel Neuer; Real Madrid wants Juventus star; Eintracht Frankfurt plans to keep star scorer; Manchester United’s Erik ten Hag praises Marcel Sabitzer; and MORE!
- All the winners at the 2023 Grammy Awards