Lagos govt, creative designers guild hold exhibition to familiarise children with culture
NNN: The Lagos State chapter of the Creative Designers Guild of Nigeria (CDGN) in collaboration with the Lagos State Government, will host the maiden edition of Creative and Cultural Exhibition on June 10.
“We observed that certain aspects of our culture are no longer practiced by the younger generation.
“So, as a guild with the combination of costume designers, makeup artistes, hair artistes, props managers and location set designers, we will be enlightening our youths on certain aspects of our culture.
“Our desire as CGDN is also to set culture as a tool in re-engineering our film industry and selling our nation to the world.
“This exhibition will feature our creative design skills, as we represent our cultural diversity with each state chapter from 16 states making a display of what is authentic to their states.
“For us as creative members of a legitimate enterprise, we believe one way to rejig our economy and build a better society is to come to terms with the role of culture as the creative capital that can be used to add economic value to the society,” she said.
Osawaru-Akinyemi commended the Lagos State Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture for its cooperation in hosting the maiden edition of the programme.
Also, Mr Leo Omosebi, the Event Director, said that the theme of the programme would be: “Exploring Cultural Creativity Through Entrepreneurship”.
Omosebi said that the guild would take opportunity of the exhibition to educate Nigerian youths on the available entrepreneurship skills they could embrace for financial independence.
According to him, there will also be a discussion panel where issues of topical interest will be deliberated, with particular emphasis on how the youths can be productively engaged in the audio-visual industry.
“We want the youths to know that there are aspects of the process of movie production that they can embrace to be creative and responsible.
“The exhibition will hold at the Citiheights Luxurious Hotel in Ikeja. We call on the youths to make it a date with us,” he said.
Mr Innocent Abah, a makeup artist, said that costumes of different tribes would be on display during the exhibition as well as display of some makeup appearances.
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family