By Usman Aliyu
Halli told reporters in Benin on Sunday that the result was also confirmed by the local organizing committee (LOC).
“All of the team that made up the 2020 NSF Kogi contingent tested negative for the COVID-19 virus after a series of tests performed by the medical team.
“The contingent was subjected to rigorous testing by the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) team and all tested negative.
“After the test which is a prerequisite for all athletes and officials to participate in the games, all 41 athletes and 35 officials from Kogi tested negative,” Halli said.
Kogi’s sports director said the state contingent received the results of its COVID-19 test on Sunday while other states were still awaiting their results.
The NAN recalls that the Kogi government had engaged in a face-to-face meeting with the NCDC on the situation of the coronavirus in the state.
The state, however, has recorded five confirmed cases of the virus with zero deaths, a position the NCDC insisted was due to the state’s lack of adequate testing. (NOPE)
AUO / CHOM / IAA
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yBd
- SEC bans unregistered CMOs from operations May 31
- INEC creates additional 4,861 PUs in Lagos
- NAPTIP rescues 52 victims, arrests 4 suspected human traffickers in Kano
- SPDC’s pipeline spills 276 barrels of crude in April – Report
- Gov. Emmanuel donates N60m to families of slain policemen
- Maize farmers promise high produce, urge FG to sustain import ban
- We don’t need war in Nigeria — Ooni of Ife
- LASG to partner German firm on agribusiness
- Kano Govt to inaugurate waste recycling project, create 4,000 jobs –official