The approval followed the third and final reading of the supplementary budget after clause-by-clause consideration in Thursday’s plenary session in Lokoja.
Muktar Bajeh, the Chief House Whip acting as House Leader, sought approval after clause-by-clause consideration in a Committee of Supply.
The motion was seconded by Acting Chief Whip Edoko Ododo Moses (APC-Dekina-Biraidu) and passed by President Matthew Kolawole following majority votes.
Governor Yahaya Bello had on August 25 transmitted the supplementary budget bill to the State House of Assembly for approval.
Mr. Bello in the letter said that the request was based on the need to improve the infrastructure needs of the state and the security of life and property.
Approval of the supplementary budget, according to the governor, would allow the government to meet development needs.
The Supplementary Budget brings the total revised budget for FY2021 to over 160 billion naira.
NAN also reports that Kogi’s budget for 2020 was 176 billion naira.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3Dy7
- Mozambique conference calls for revival of fishing communities
- Complement your education with skills acquisition, NYSC boss charges corps members
- CEMAC Ministers Endorse African Energy Week 2022
- UNICEF and Liquid Intelligent Technologies launch a partnership to help Giga bridge the digital divide in Africa
- Nigeria, Chad to partner on power interconnection –Minister
- Prof. Florence Obi: Celebrating 1 year of an Icon in office
- Minister decries lack of improved cocoa seedlings
- IMF Management Completes First Review of the Staff-Monitored Program with Guinea Bissau
- A child was infected with HIV every two minutes in 2020 – UNICEF
- EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu invites youths for Peace Walk
- 257 projects amounting to over N20b duplicated in 2021 budget- ICPC boss
- No nation can develop without respect for rule of law —- AfDB president
- MTN offers 575m shares at N169 per share
- Police rescue 3 kidnapped persons, recover 3 AK-47 rifles in Zamfara
- ISWAP terrorists flee as Super Tucanos ‘hover’ around Buni Yadi