By Salisu Sani-Idris
Shehu made this promise in an interview with the Nigeria News Agency on Sunday in Keffi.
He expressed his administration’s determination to put an end to certain problems which constituted abuses of established rules, in particular those limiting state property and revenues.
LG boss revealed that a committee on identification, recovery and valuation of existing and missing Keffi local government movable and immovable property inside and outside the area will be set up. .
He also revealed that as part of efforts to increase Keffi LGA’s revenue profile, an internally generated revenue improvement committee will be established soon.
“After carefully reading the handover notes and other inquiries, I am aware that the Keffi Local Government Council has suffered many setbacks as government vehicles and other property are now wasted on the premises. of the court following disputes brought by contractors.
“As a government, we cannot just sit back and allow this scenario to continue unabated.
“In realizing this, I would like to take this opportunity to call on all parties concerned to resort to an alternative dispute resolution method, bearing in mind that it is a doctrine of public order that there must be. an end to litigation.
“I humbly wish to request the parties concerned to come to my office for a roundtable discussion and amicable resolution of the issues in the interest of peace and progress in the Keffi local government area, state and the country as a whole, ”he said.
The LGA boss said every step his administration intends to take is aimed at ensuring social justice, the security of people’s lives and property, which are the cardinal and fundamental goals of any responsible government.
“We have sworn to defend and protect the constitution, we will stop at nothing to ensure that everyone, regardless of political orientation or social status, is treated fairly, humanely and in accordance with the laws of our country.
“As President Muhammadu Buhari clearly expressed on the first day of his assumption of office, precisely on May 29, 2015, in the following enlightening words:“ I do not belong to anyone and I belong to everyone.
“Therefore, it is my fervent prayers and optimism that the above statement would serve as a guide and a reminder during our service to the people of Keffi and beyond.”
Shehu therefore called on the Emir of Keffi, Dr Shehu Yamusa III, security guards, community leaders and all peace-loving citizens of Keffi to join him in ensuring lasting peace for socio-social activities. economic growth in the region.
He assured that the welfare, training and retraining of local government staff would take center stage in his administration, subject to the availability of funds.
Shehu expressed his deep gratitude to Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State and declared his full support for the success of the state government policies and programs.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3D5U
- Police fire tear gas at anti-government protesters in Burkina
- Algerians vote in local polls to seal post-Bouteflika ‘change’
- Dutch say 61 Covid positive on flights from South Africa
- Two dead as powerful storm batters UK
- UAE says 100% of population received one Covid jab
- Three killed in Solomon Islands unrest
- Australia bans southern Africa flights over virus concerns
- Trudeau tours flood-ravaged western Canada
- NGO tracks N1.2bn constituency projects in Kaduna
- Focus, sacrifice key to Nigeria’s industrialisation- ZEETIN boss
- Biden says likely to speak to Russian, Ukrainian leaders
- President Infantino reiterates FIFA’s commitment to African football
- Canada bans travel from seven African countries over new Covid strain
- 32 Somali Migrants Assisted to Return Safely from Libya
- Empowering Communities to Reduce Household Air Pollution