By Muhammad Lawal
Sarki said a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)was signed on Wednesday by Secretary of State Government (SSG) Alhaji Babale Umar-Yauri on behalf of the state government with two consulting firms , the Alkali Hussaini Foundation and the Development Research Center. Economies (RECDE), in Birnin Kebbi.
He said SSG, shortly after signing the MoU, said the Kebbi State government only hired those Entrepreneurial Development Institutes (EDIs)that had expressed interest in the process. government-established benchmark for the program.
He added that the government had previously sent out an open invitation for IDEs, ensuring that only those who met what the government had set as a benchmark, as to what the government could afford, were selected.
“Prior to signing the MoU virtually all Kebbi-based IDEs had been contacted, there is a benchmark of what the state government can afford in terms of this program.
“So far, out of all those we have contacted or interacted with, only four of them have expressed interest,” he noted.
He said: “These two gentlemen are from the Alkali Hussaini Foundation and the Research Center for Developing Economies.
“We will use up to 10 classrooms and provide facilitators for each of the approximately 50 classrooms that are compliant with COVID-19 protocols.
“They will all be working at Birnin Kebbi to make fasting much faster and more convenient for participants who fast during the month of Ramadan.”
He further revealed that the venue for the training would be Makerar Gandu’s Nagari College in Birnin Kebbi.
The Agribusiness / Small and Medium Enterprise Investment Program (AGMIES) is a federal government initiative to support policy efforts and measures to promote agricultural enterprises and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in as vectors of sustainable economic development and job creation.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3z3B
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel
- “I believe in united Nigeria, not secession” — Umahi
- Walscheid takes the 8th place of the Qhubeka ASSOS team during the first stage of the Giro d’Italia
- US, foundation empower school girls with technological skills
- Gunmen attack police stations in Rivers kill 7 officers