By Ahmed Ubandoma
The President of the Forum of Progressive Governors (PGF) and Governor of Kebbi State, Atiku Bagudu, donated the sum of 50 million naira to the victims of the fire in the market of Gusau, in Zamfara State .
This is contained in a statement by Bagudu’s special assistant to the media, Mr. Yahaya Sarki, in Abuja.
Bagudu, on behalf of his colleagues, announced the donation when he led some forum members on a sympathetic visit to Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara in Gusau.
“This impact has affected the livelihoods of not only traders, but others who patronize the market have become victims of hell.
“The incident of the fire is tragic and it saddens me, so we felt it necessary to show our concern and sympathy to the victims.”
“We are therefore here to express our deepest condolences and to show our deepest concerns over this tragic incident.”
He said the gesture was intended to commend the Zamfara State Governor for their efforts to help victims restart business as they lost everything they worked for.
“This devastating incident unfortunately struck at a time when the Governor of Zamfara State was working on all fronts to revitalize the state economy.
In response, Matawalle commended the Progressive Governors Forum for the immeasurable gesture to the government and people of the state.
Matawalle, who took visitors to the Tudun Wada section of the market most affected by hell, thanked Bagudu and his team.
He said this move would go a long way in alleviating the losses of the victims of hell.
He said, “That’s what fellowship is saying, blood is thicker than water.” It is an exemplary demonstration of love, friendship, commitment and solidarity, ”he said. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yDu
- Guber seeker advocates innovative approaches to boost Anambra IGR
- Chibok girls always on our minds, says the presidency
- NSCDC foils jailbreak attempt at correctional facility in Ubiaja, Edo
- Edo 2020: a sports festival to never forget – MOC
- Lawan is committed to supporting the profession of surveyor
- COVID-19: Osinbajo warns against vaccine nationalism
- COVID-19: Traditional leader tells Nigerians to put fears aside and get vaccinated
- Police confirm attack on Nsukka community
- Delta to host 21st National Sports Festival