The state governor, Malam Nasiru El-Rufa’i made the call at the Laugching of coalition of Civilian JTF, Doka office Under the chairmanship of Col. Usman Dudu Rtd.
El-rufai, who, was represented by state commissioner of internal security and Home affairs, Mr. Samuel Aruwan, reiterated government’s relentless effort in the fight against crime in the state.
According to him, Kaduna state government would not fold its arms and allow members of the civilian JTF to take lwas into their their hands by keeping suspected criminals in their custody.
While calling on them to always collaborate with the police as they are legitimate security outfit to prosecute criminals.
“One other issue of operation is that you should always notify security agencies and follow due process in the discharge of your duties,”he said.
While calling on all to support the group, the governor assured that the government would continue to do its best in supporting their operation for the sustenance of peace and development in the state .
He said the government will give it own support in terms of training of the JTF members to support their activities in the state, adding that government will discuss with LGC chairmen with a view to supporting them.
He said the issue of security should not be left to the government alone as people should support and cooperate with the government in addressing the challenges.
In his remarks, the state chairman of the Civilian JTF, Alhaji Shehu Dantudu said the inauguration of the JTF would go along way in complementing the effort of security agencies in checking crime within the society.
He said security is very important in every aspect of life without security there will be no meaningful development in any country.
He called on the state commissioner of police to help the association with training of its personnel so that ‘together we can reduce the rate of crime in the society.
On his part, the chairman Kaduna Doka Development Association (KADDA), Alhaji Nuhu Isa appreciated the state government while calling for more support by providing the group with operational vehicles to ease their patrol within the town.
Isa said the group would continue to work hand in hand with police to reduce the rate of crime in the state.
Edited By: Tukur Muntari.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-2K0V
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel