Kano State Govt. lauds 2 companies for environmental hygiene
NNN: Kano State Task Force on Sanitation, has commended Kano Line transport company, and a leather production company, Domino’s Limited, for their environmental hygiene.
The Chairman of the committee, Dr Kabiru Getso, gave the commendation on Friday when he monitored the monthly environmental sanitation for workplaces, markets and motor parks.
Getso, represented by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Mr Adamu Faragai, said the task force inspected public conveniences at Kano Line Motor Park.
The Chairman, who doubled as the Commissioner for Environment, also commended Dominos Limited for maintaining environmental hygiene.
According to him, to ensure compliance with the government’s directive to clean all workplaces, the committee selected places to monitor monthly.
“We are happy with both places we selected this month.
“Notwithstanding, we have provided alternatives for refuse dumps at Kano Line and we will send our Inspectors to ensure proper compliance.”
The commissioner, however, appealed to residents to continue supporting the administration in its effort to sanitise the state.
He urged people to desist from indiscriminate dumping of refuse for their well-being and environmental protection.
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs