By Bosede Olufunmi
The Kano State Fire Department said it saved 122 lives and property worth 81.3 million Naira in 116 fire incidents recorded in the state in March.
Saminu Abdullahi, the Service’s public relations manager (PRO), gave the figures in a statement Friday in Kano.
He said, however, that 20 lives were lost and property worth 39.6 million naira was destroyed by fire during the reporting period.
“The Service responded to 88 rescue calls and 22 false alarms from state residents,” he added.
Abdullahi attributed most of the fires in the state to careless handling of cooking gas and the use of substandard electrical appliances.
He advised residents to always handle the fire with care to avoid outbreaks. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yyo
- Police deploy 1,000 people to control traffic thefts in Lagos
- How we have spent the COVID-19 funds so far – FG
- Coronavirus – South Africa: COVID-19 update (April 21, 2021)
- Buhari greets 85-year-old Emir of Gwandu
- Coronavirus – Namibia: COVID-19 update (April 21, 2021)
- The Impact of Transfer Pricing: The Senegalese Branch and the Foreign Head Office (By Centurion Tax and Investment Desk)
- 19 African First Ladies to attend the Merck Foundation Annual Online Conference on April 27, 2021
- Coronavirus – Niger: COVID-19 update (April 21, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (April 21, 2021)