Kaduna Assembly restates commitment on conducive environment for investors
Kaduna, April 3, 2019 The Speaker, Kaduna State House of Assembly, Alhaji Aminu Shagali, has restated the assembly’s commitment to providing conducive environment for investment in the state.
Shagali said this on Wednesday during the 4th Kaduna State Investment Summit (KADInvest 4.0) with the theme “Expanding Investment Fronteirs” holding in Kaduna.
Shagali, who was represented by the Deputy Speaker, Mr Nuhu Shadalafiya, assured that the House would continue to support the executive in providing laws that would move the state forward.
He said the assembly would also continue to make laws that would give rights to citizens and guaranty security and order to the diverse communities of the state.
“Investors will have a very conducive environment in Kaduna.
“We will reduce the poverty level of our state by providing employment for our teeming youths and boost the economy of our state.
“We cannot do all these alone, other stakeholders have to be involved,” he said.
Shagali appealed to the state government to open up discussion with local government councils to also get involved in attracting investors to their localities.
“I want to assure all the investors and the general public that the state assembly is working to ensure policy continuity.
“We will keep working to sustain the reform and ensure Kaduna State remains open for business today and in the future,” he said.
He thanked Gov. Nasiru El-Rufai for always coming up with policies that ensure capital and human development.
He said some of the notable policies and laws by the Assembly, which were critical to the provision of sound investment environment are the Kaduna State Promotion Agency Law, the Kaduna State Geographical Information Service Law, and the Control and Management of Public Finances Law.
Others are the Kaduna Master Plan Law, Fiscal Responsibility Law, Tax Codification and Consolidation Law, Public Procurement Law, Vigilante Service Law, and Peace Commission Law.
Other laws passed by the assembly included, the Planning and Budget Law, Transport Authority Law, Fire and Safety Law, Landlord and Tenant Law, Local Government Administrative Law, and Urban and Planning Law.
Shagali said the House is currently working on the establishment of Kaduna State Registration and Business Selling Law which would further provide a conducive investment in the state.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-59
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel
- “I believe in united Nigeria, not secession” — Umahi
- Walscheid takes the 8th place of the Qhubeka ASSOS team during the first stage of the Giro d’Italia