Judge Bayo Taiwo, convicted Tosin, after pleading guilty to defrauding an American man, Lylian Zamarippa, of the sum of 2,400 dollars by posing as a woman named Zielone Nyson.
Judge Taiwo ordered that community service be observed by the convict from 8 a.m. to noon every working day.
“The convicted person will serve a two-year prison sentence if he does not show up for the service of general interest or if he arrives late one day or another, even if it happened on the last day of service.
“The convict must reimburse the $ 2,400 to the victim and confiscate his SUV car, laptop and iPhone from the federal government,” the judge said.
Previously, the prosecutor, Festus Ojo, informed the court that the convict committed the offense between February 2020 and January 2021.
Ojo said the convict reached a plea bargaining agreement with the commission and urged the court to enter it as a court judgment.
Defense lawyer MA Rufai had argued in court to convert the sentence to a non-constodian or a fine option.
In a related development, the judge ordered another convicted internet fraudster, Tunde Adejuwon, to sweep the court premises for five months and confiscate his Lexus car and blue iPhone from the federal government.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3DjC
- US Fashion designer Virgil Abloh, 41, dies of cancer
- FCT badminton club hosts maiden championship in Kubwa
- World Bank, El-Rufai applaud Kyari, as NNPC intensifies petroleum sector reform
- WHO Stands with African Nations and Calls for Borders to Remain Open
- NDLEA intercepts 12,385kg “Loud” marijuana in Lagos
- Incorporate recommendations into teaching curriculum to take Art Schools forward — Rector YABATECH
- “1115 C of O’s Yet to Be Collected by Applicants” – Oyo Govt
- CAC deploys e-Platform for registration of LLPs coy
- NSE, COREN commends Gov. Abiodun On Infrastructural Development
- UK to enforce new Covid rules from Tuesday
- Tens of thousands protest Austria compulsory vaccination
- French minister flies to Caribbean islands after mooting autonomy
- James Bond fan Fiala named Czech prime minister
- Buhari charges agric varsities to bridge food insecurity gap
- NIPC partners Isreali Embassy on i-FAIR 2021/22