MOGADISHU, Somalia, October 2, 2021 / APO Group / –
Somalia’s international partners * note that President Mohamed Abdullahi “Farmajo” and Prime Minister Mohamed Hussein Roble continue to engage in mediation efforts to resolve differences expressed during their exchange of statements on September 16, 2021.
Nevertheless, the partners remain concerned that the fundamental issues have not been resolved, despite more than two weeks of mediation efforts. This lingering political uncertainty increased the risk of further delays in the electoral process and created confusion over the leadership of the Ministry of Homeland Security (MoIS) and the National Intelligence and Security Agency (NISA), whose l efficiency is vital in the fight against Al-Shabaab. and the maintenance of the security situation in the country.
International partners urge the President and the Prime Minister to reach an agreement as soon as possible, maintain the focus on the implementation of the electoral accords of September 17, 2020 and May 27, 2021, and ensure that key institutions (MoIS and NISA) are led by and respected leaders, especially during election time.
* African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM), Canada, Denmark, Egypt, Ethiopia, European Union, Finland, Germany, Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD), Ireland, Italy, Kenya, League of Arab States, Countries- Netherlands, Norway, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, United Nations.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3CGA
- How seamless payment experiences make retail brands more valuable and relevant (By Gilbert Lungu)
- Binance To Host Its First Offline Event In Cameroon
- Coronavirus – Uganda: Tackle the misinformation about Covid-19 Vaccination in Acholi
- Nigerian Air Force’s Super Tucano jet destroy ISWAP armoury, training bases in Lake Chad
- Deputy Chief Maybury Supports the 16 Days Campaign and World AIDS Day on ELBC Radio
- Akeredolu won’t allow workers enjoy Christmas – Ondo PDP Alleges
- Bill to regulate administration of sports mooted
- Compact: African Development Bank and IFC Partner to Advance Economic Development in Lusophone African countries
- Lagos govt explains why Nigerian Army intervened during EndSARS protests
- N15 bn cocoa processing plant begins operation in Ondo
- Fighting against drought-induced hunger: FAO provides rural households in Somalia with cash livestock and agricultural support
- ABU, CBN develop national farmers’ database
- Nigerian Navy arrests 5 stowaways at Lagos anchorage
- Woodside Energy Confirms Participation at MSGBC Oil, Gas & Power 2021
- After media reports, Kano govt unseals chamber of lawyer who secures victory against Ganduje-led APC