Jibia LG seeks NCS’s intervention over 20,000 displaced persons
NNN: Jibia Local Government in Katsina State has appealed to the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) to assist about 20,000 residents of the area displaced by bandits.
Alhaji Mohammed Lawal, the Local Government Secretary, made the appeal during a meeting with the Coordinator, NCS Zone ‘B’ Kaduna, on Wednesday at the Nigeria-Niger border.
According to him, IDPs who are presently displaced in part of Niger Republic and Katsina, are seriously in need of urgent Interventions by different stakeholders.
He added that some of the displaced persons were in Niger Republic while some others relocated in parts of the state with their relatives.
Lawal said, “I could remember sometimes ago when we had a flood, the NCS provided assistance for the affected people, therefore, we also need their Intervention now.
According to the Secretary, the load is too much on the council to take care of them all, therefore we seek for assistance.
He added that since the reopening of the border, so many collapsed legitimate businesses were gradually picking up across the communities.
Lawal also commended the Federal Government, the NCS and other stakeholders for reopening the border, and assured of their maximum cooperation.
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs